Search for events. If you want to access past events, click ‘Previous events’.
Digital Ethics: Support and Practice Workshop
June 7 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm EDTFree
Since mid-2019, the Association for Authentic, Experiential and Evidence-Based Learning (AAEEBL) has investigated digital ethics and ePortfolios via a specially created task force. The work resulted in principles promoting ethical ePortfolio practices to educators, staff, students, and platform providers. In this webinar series, task force members discuss individual principles with participants.
It is vital that institutions provide appropriate support for all staff and students who create ePortfolios. This support includes opportunities to develop and practice the digital literacies needed to create accessible and effective ePortfolios.
This two-hour workshop will focus on institutional support and practice to develop ePortfolios, with participants working within a social learning context to discuss current affordances and barriers to ePortfolio creation and to brainstorm new possibilities for their own practice.
Your facilitators are:
- J. Elizabeth Clark, PhD, Professor of English, LaGuardia Community College–CUNY, U.S.A.
- Megan Haskins, MEd, Faculty Developer, University of Denver, U.S.A.
By the end of each workshop, participants will be able to…
- Recognise key support elements that institutions can provide.
- Identity barriers to ePortfolio creation within their context.
- Establish new options to facilitate support for ePortfolio creators within their own practice.
The workshop takes place on Tuesday, 7 June 2022, 11am – 1pm-3pm EDT.
Register for this free event to receive the link to the webinar.