World Trade Center and Seaport Hotel
Co-Located with Campus Technology 2011
Conference Quick Links
Conference registration is available now.
Hotel reservations can be made online. To avoid disappointment, we encourage you to book your hotel room early.
Context: The AAEEBL annual conference this year, July 25-28, 2011, in Boston will herald a global transition from the typically tentative, experimental deployment of portfolios to a new committed portfolio deployment characterized by significant curricular re-design within institutions of learning from primary school to graduate school. This conference will also mark a fuller deployment of portfolios in support of those already in the workforce. This fuller acceptance of portfolios reflects deep changes in both how knowledge is constructed in our society and in how graduates must direct their careers actively as they move from job to job. Portfolios are quickly becoming essential gear to succeed in the world of today.
Background: AAEEBL’s first world conference in July 2010 drew 370 people from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., the Netherlands, and Australia. This year, July 25-28, 2011, also at the Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center in Boston, we expect a larger attendance. We have built in much more social interaction time at this coming conference in response to requests from last July.
Registration: All presenters must register for the conference. Pre-conference workshop registration is a separate, additional registration: you must be registered for the conference to register for a pre-conference workshop.
AAEEBL members from AAEEBL member institutions receive a significant discount ($200 USD off the registration price for the first 3 registrants from the institution, for a potential total savings of $600 USD per institution).Journal Publication
: This year, along with your proposal to present at the conference, you will also have the option of submitting a paper for peer-review
to The International Journal of ePortfolio
) following the IJeP guidelines.
Conference notes of interest
- AAEEBL shares an exhibit floor with Campus Technology that will feature several hundred booths, all with offerings related to information and communication technology in education.
- This year, registration at either AAEEBL or Campus Technology admits you to both conferences.
- The conferences will be on two different floors, but you will be free to attend sessions on either floor.
- Together, the two conferences will draw around 1,000 attendees.
- Receptions and other events for each conference, however, will be separate.