AAC&U’s 9th Annual Digital Learning and ePortfolio Forum—“ePortfolios and the American Dream: Empowering Students’ Ownership of Their Future”—will offer interactive concurrent sessions and workshop opportunities for participants to share the good work they are doing to enhance student learning and success and demonstrate how it contributes to improving student lives, preparation for a global economy, and participation in strengthening democracy.
The ePortfolio Forum will showcase three tracks:
- The ePortfolio Practice Track will offer information on best practices regarding how to employ ePortfolios to their greatest impact;
- A robust ePortfolio Research Track will showcase the latest in ePortfolio research
- A Digital Learning and Student Success Track will highlight how a range of technological approaches can be leveraged in the service of students.
Excellence on Display: Helping Students Narrate their Educational Stories
Amelia Parnell, Vice President for Research and Policy, NASPA–Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
Where Are We Headed? The Future of ePortfolios in Higher Education
- Helen Chen, Director of ePortfolio Initiatives, Stanford University
- Gail Matthews-Denatale, Associate Director, Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning Through Research, Northeastern University
- Tracy Penny Light, Associate Professor of History, Thompson Rivers University, and Chair, Board of Directors, AAEEBL
- C. Edward Watson, Associate Vice President for Quality, Advocacy, and LEAP Initiative, AAC&U
- Marc Zaldivar, Director, Electronic Portfolio Initiative, Virginia Tech
Liberate Learning through Next Generation Assessment
- G. Alex Ambrose, Associate Program Director of ePortfolio, University of Notre Dame
- Atun Anggara, Academic Advisor and Educational Data Assessment Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Notre Dame